Full Stack PHP Developer
- Alexandria, VA
- Full Time
- Mid Level
Engage is seeking a full-stack PHP engineer to join our award-winning creative team. You’ll join the team to work on a large range of interesting projects for advocacy groups, nonprofits, membership organizations, and Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for an ambitious engineer that finds passion in learning and possesses the initiative to enact change. You’ll be given the ability to shape development strategy, interact with clients, and provide creative solutions to interesting problems. We’re a tight-knit team that values collaboration and working together to solve problems.
The ideal candidate has at least three years of experience in the following areas:
- PHP (also considered: Python, Ruby, Java, Node.js, C/C#/C++, ASP, Go)
- A framework like Laravel or Symfony (also considered: Flask, Django, Spring, Rails, Sinatra, Sails.js, Express.js, etc.)
- Templating Language: Twig (also considered: Jinja2, Blade, erb, Handlebars, Pug, etc)
- Database management, performance analysis, and database design patterns
- Build systems such as Gulp, Webpack, or Grunt
- CSS/SASS (also considered: PostCSS, Less, etc.)
- Vue.js (also considered: React, Angular)
- Basic Terminal Skills
- System administration with Linux systems
- Understand concepts behind continuous development and integration
- Experience with 508 accessibility standards
- Contributor to open source
- Interested in learning other skills outside development (design, UX)
Local preferred, but open to remote. Must be US based.
Engage is a full-service digital agency based in Alexandria, VA. With backgrounds in the White House, Congress, and Statehouses, our team brings their wealth of knowledge and experience to Engage to solve problems for Fortune 500 companies, national non-profit organizations, elected officials, and leading advocacy and trade associations.
Our mix of technical, creative, and policy experts have won hearts and changed minds, shaping and defining the digital space in D.C. and beyond. Our team’s thirst for knowledge and passion for problem-solving make us innovators and leaders. From partner to intern, Engagers are committed to producing quality products and experiences for our clients.
We offer a rich benefits package including generous PTO, 401(k) match, medical, vision, and dental plans to name a few! Engage is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please include your resume, code samples, a brief description of why you’re interested in the position, and a link to your Github profile and/or portfolio website. Even if you feel like you don't meet every single qualification, we would love to hear from you. We are open to training the right person who has the right attitude.