Junior Visual Designer
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, corporate development, and technology strategy. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over 200 clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support. We deliver winning solutions to complex challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment.
If that sounds like the kind of firm you’d like to join—and we hope it does—we’re looking to add a Visual Designer to our creative team. The Visual Designer would report directly to the Visual Design Director and be involved in all stages of the design process, from ideation and wireframes to the finished product.
Projects include creating branding collateral for well-known advocacy organizations, designing stunning web pages for top trade associations, and crafting ad campaigns to drive engagement.
This is a full-time position in Washington, D.C., and comes with a generous benefits package. This is an immediate opening.
We will place the most weight on your proven work, so please submit your portfolio with your application (links to your website or Dribble profile are preferred). Your prior work experience and education are considered but are not as important.
Creative Skills We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in an art field and/or exceptional portfolio
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Know your way around Figma and Sketch App
- Prior experience designing for the web and responsive design
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Word experience
- Experience designing banner ads and social share graphics
- Logo design experience
- Enjoy designing on a team and in collaboration with an in-house dev team
- Excited to be working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail, and typography
- Understanding of printing process and specifications
- 2-4 years graphic design experience for a company or agency
- Bonus: Some HTML/CSS knowledge or Video/Animation skills
- Conceptualize, design, and implement creative graphics and content, both print and digital, on time and within budget.
- Develop and design layouts, inclusive of copy and images for digital ads, share graphics, and websites.
- Design internal proposals and decks using existing presentations and collateral; design new ones and create branded collateral for client presentations.
- Assist client team with digital assets (branding, content, mockups, etc.) in Pitch, Hubspot, or other marketing tools.
- Manage design revisions, approvals of artwork, and archive of all project artwork
- Job Type: Full-time
Job Perks Include:
- Small, passionate, agile team—tons of opportunities to show off your skills, try new things, collaborate with other top-of-their-game creatives, and advance
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
How to Apply
To apply, please include your resume, work samples, a link to your Dribble profile, and a brief description of why you’re interested in working at FTP as a Visual Designer.
No calls, emails, or faxes, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal-opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.