About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots, and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, corporate development, and technology strategy. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over 200 clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support. We deliver winning solutions to complex challenges in a fun, fast-paced environment.
If that sounds like the kind of firm you’d like to join—and we hope it does—we’re looking to add a Web Designer to our digital team. The Web Designer would report directly to the Director of Production and be involved in all stages of the design process, from ideation and wireframes to the finished product.
Projects include conceptualizing creative ideas and establishing design guidelines, producing high-fidelity wireframes, and designing stunning webpages for top trade associations, national non-profit organizations, and Fortune 500 companies.
We will place the most weight on your proven website design work, so please submit your portfolio with your application (links to your website or Dribble profile are preferred). Your prior work experience and education are considered but are not as important.
This position is full-time salaried with benefits and paid holidays, based in Washington, D.C. This position describes the general nature of the work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required.
Creative Skills We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in an arts field and/or exceptional portfolio
- 2-4 years of graphic design experience for a company or agency
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to be working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, and Sketch App
- Extensive experience designing for the web and responsive design
- A history of communicating design ideas using user flows, site maps, and wireframes
- Logo design experience
- Eye for detail, and typography
- Experience designing banner ads and social share graphics
- Enjoy designing on a team and in collaboration with an in-house development team
- Microsoft PowerPoint and Word experience
- Understanding of the printing process and specifications
- Bonus: Some HTML/CSS knowledge or Video/Animation skills
- Conceptualize, wireframe, and design creative landing pages, microsites, and full websites, on time and within budget.
- Develop and design layouts, inclusive of copy and images for digital ads, share graphics, and websites.
- Design internal proposals and decks using existing presentations and collateral; design new ones, and create branded collateral for client presentations.
- Assist client team with digital assets (branding, content, mockups, etc.) in Pitch, Hubspot or other marketing tools.
- Manage design revisions, approvals of artwork, and archive of all project artwork
Job Perks Include:
- Small, passionate, agile team—tons of opportunities to show off your skills, try new things, collaborate with other top-of-their-game creatives, and advancement
- Competitive salary
- Generous benefits package
How to Apply
To apply, please include your resume, work samples, link to your Dribble profile, and a brief description of why you’re interested in working at FTP as a Web Designer.
No calls, emails, or faxes, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal-opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.