Digital Project Manager
Engage is seeking a Digital Project Manager to join our team of creative, process-minded doers. The Digital Project Manager will collaborate with Engage’s strategy and creative teams to build and develop complex digital campaigns and tools for our clients. If you’re interested in crafting custom solutions for Fortune 500 companies, membership organizations, the nation’s leading think tanks, nonprofits and advocacy organizations we want you to apply.
Our Digital Project Manager will assist the Director of Client Services in acting as a lynchpin between the client, and the design, development, and strategy teams. This role will manage a variety of web design and development projects, from landing pages to logos, web applications to user interfaces, and everything in between. This person will manage projects internally, communicating client goals, organizing project documentation, and testing products against technical specifications. In addition, the Digital Project Manager acts as the face of the project to the client, answering their questions, explaining design and development choices, and managing their timelines.
The ideal Digital Project Manager is fascinated by design thinking and the latest trends in technology. They have enough familiarity in design and development that even if they don’t write code or design logos, they can sit down with the designers and developers to architect solutions. This person is an excellent communicator who enjoys translating those sometimes complex solutions into digestible explanations for the client.
They are adept at juggling multiple projects at once and thrive in a team environment. An organized, detail-oriented, reliable self-starter will prosper in this role. Most importantly, we want someone who is a born problem-solver, always looking for creative ways to more elegantly and efficiently solve client and company challenges.
- Work with designers and developers to bring the client’s vision to life;
- Translate client goals into product documentation like creative briefs, sitemaps, user flows, and competitive analyses;
- Keep projects organized despite shifting priorities and updates to documentation;
- Perform quality assurance testing on products by verifying success criteria and assuring browser & device compatibility on new features before deployment;
- Meet deadlines across multiple phases, projects and clients;
- Foster relationships with clients built on trust and leadership.
- Providing quality assurance testing and verifying Success Criteria on new development builds before deployment;
- Minimum of two years experience in an agency or internal product team
- Experience with and adherence to a project management system like Basecamp, Teamwork or Trello
- Looking for WordPress experience
- Google Analytics
- Organized and cool under pressure
- Superior writing skills
- Experience in client-facing presentations and pitches
- Embodies the Engage values of quality, leadership, innovation, and trust
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with basic development principles like version control and database structures
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and browser compatibility
- User experience design education or experience
- Experience with WordPress configurations
- Knowledge of basic user experience and design principles
- Knows your way around Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or Figma
- Experience with InVision or other prototyping tools
- Basic knowledge of analytics and security principles
Engage is a full-service digital agency based in Alexandria, VA. We adopt our clients’ challenges as our own and craft beautiful, precise, and comprehensive solutions that meet their needs and surpass their expectations. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits packages because we want to work with the best. This is a very exciting time to join Engage as our current growth means that this person can play a major role in the firm’s future.
Our team is focused and hardworking, but we also want you to have fun and get home for dinner. Work/life balance is important to us, and we believe happy employees make for happy clients. If you’re passionate about design and tech and looking for a new challenge, we want to talk to you.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a rich benefits package including 401(k) match, commuter benefit, generous PTO, medical and dental plans, and a snack-stocked office to name a few! Engage is an equal opportunity employer. Cover letter is required. Even if you feel like you don't meet every single qualification, we would love to hear from you. We are open to training the right person who has the right attitude and is a great culture fit.